Sunday 1 April 2012

Sight Word Flip Books

At the beginning of Kindergarten, I make these flip books which reinforces the basic sight words that early readers need to know. The Flip Books have simple sentences with repetitive structures.
I give the little ones six more picture pages to cut out. Once they are cut out I staple the pages together to make their flip book.
The little ones flip each page for a word change. Each word change is supported with a picture.

 The children have to trace the sight word that we are focusing on and then practice reading their book.
Once they have read their book, they complete a worksheet using their Flip Book to further practice the sight word.




I have just listed my Sight Word Flip Books and Writing Activities on TPT HERE




5 comments:

Sharon Dudley said...

Rhonda, my husband calls me a "teach-a-holic" too! He tells me that the point of working is to make money, not to just keep buying the kids new toys. I don't know him all of my receipts at tax time. ;)

I love your flip books idea. I would love to hear more about teaching in Australia. I live in Maryland in the USA. I'm eager to learn some of the differences. If you have time, come over and check out my blog.

I'm your latest follower, by the way! :)

Sharon Dudley, NBCT
http://teachingwithsight.blogspot.com

Rhonda said...

I suppose your husband is right about the point of working is to make money but how good is it to have the best of both, getting paid to do something you love! I too have wondered what are the differences in our education systems. I think the content is similar but delivery may be different. My dream is to one day visit The US and take a peek in some classrooms.I have visited your blog and am your newest follower.

Siar said...

Very creative flip books! The students are lucky to have you being their teacher!

flipping book software

Post a Comment