Tuesday 25 September 2012

Gone Batty and a Freebie

After we had finished reading Stellaluna,  we were busy learning all about bats.
We  wrote bat facts in our Bat Book and then displayed it on our bat.




As a class we did a Venn Diagram and compared bats and birds.



Here is our bulletin board with our bat display.


We also read Bat Jamboree by Kathi Appelt.


We did a cute Bat Jamboree Glyph and wrote what our bat was going to do at the Jamboree.


This little one wrote that her bat was singing One Direction ~ cute!

Here is our display.


We did many other fun activities




All these activities and much more are in my  

As I promised  here is a  freebie for you~ enjoy.

You can download it HERE

I would appreciate your feedback and comments.

Happy teaching

5 comments:

Casey said...

Hi Rhonda - I have just found your blog and so glad that I did! I am a teacher in Australia too, in fact it's my first year teaching this year. I teach in prep and was wondering if that's the year level you are teaching too?

Rhonda said...

Hi Casey,
I teach Kindergarten in NSW Australia. I think that is the same age group that you call Prep in Queensland. I remember my first year of teaching~ I found it a hard but exciting time. If there is anything I can do to help you, please let me know.
Happy teaching
Rhonda

Alison Hislop said...

Awww I love Stellaluna! It is such a great book! I love your bulletin board!

I am so happy to find another Australian blogger - I am finding more and more everyday! It is so great there is a blogging community out there!

Alison
Teaching Maths with Meaning

Tina said...

WOW... your bat work is absolutely fantastic! I loved your photos of your kiddies' work!! Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. I am so happy to have also found another Aussie teacher/blogger in you:) I am really looking forward to reading your past posts and to seeing your future ones! Your posts have already inspired me. Thank you! Enjoy the rest of the holidays:)
Tina
Good Morning Mrs Rubie

Post a Comment